Dairy ice cream generally contains seven categories of ingredients:
milk solids-non-fat (MSNF)
The primary purposes for using emulsifiers in ice cream are:
– perform clean eating properties
– increase the perception of creaminess
– create good body and consistency
– deliver good melting resistance
– impart fine and smooth texture
– restrict growth of ice and lactose crystals
– offset temperature fluctuation
– prevent ‘wheying off’
– provide excellent heat shock resistance
– prevent shrinkage of the ice cream during storage
We offer a wide range of sustainable produced and sourced emulsifiers from Futura Ingredients and various stabilisers from starch and hydrocolloid technologies.
We gladly share our know-how, helping you to test and develop new recipes.